Website Alpine Events
Position Task/ Activities
- Clean and iron linens as specified by manufacturer and company policy.
- Wrap and package linens per company policy.
- Clean equipment as specified by manufacturer and company policy.
- Upholds the quality control standards of the company.
- Restock cleaned and packaged linens appropriately.
- Inspect returned linens and dishware.
- Sort dirty linens and dishes per company policy.
- Complete a daily check-in log.
- Log broken, damaged, missing dishes and equipment. Turn report into supervisor daily.
- When cleaning equipment breaks, notify supervisor.
- Report safety violations to supervisor.
- Communicate with supervisor.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
To clean food service equipment, i.e. china, flatware, glassware, chafers, etc. Daily use of washer, dryers and flatwork ironers, which release hot air. Exposure to above average temperatures is prevalent. There is a high degree of lifting and a significant degree of standing, walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions. Must have a full range of motion and dexterity. Must accept and follow instructions from supervisors.
Most work will be indoors with general warehouse conditions, in which some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. Exposure to above average temperatures is prevalent. The typical tools (hampers, dollies, racks, etc.) can be considered hazards. Most mechanical equipment used (dishwashers, burnishers, flatwork ironers, laundry machines) are electrical and may be gas fired. The exposure to moving belts is continuous in the washing, drying, and ironing function. There is exposure to detergents, bleaches, cleaning chemicals, hot water and very hot linen.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- Must be able to lift approximately 30 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Computer knowledge is preferred. Training on rental software will be provided.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
Reports to: Dish & Linen Supervisor
Job Type: Part-time & Full-Time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grand Rapids, MI: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location